Saturday, October 4, 2008

Taste of Korea 2008

It's time for Taste of Korea 2008 http://www.koreanculture.org/tasteofkorea2008/index.html

I was out there in Ktown early this afternoon and walked through the little street fair thing they have set up on 32nd street between 5th and Broadway. It was pretty crowded but looked interesting. Too bad I really don't know enough about Korean food or culture to truly appreciate it. Most signs and "menus" were written in Korean so that didn't help. It did seem that this was an event for Koreans, not the usual serving of bastardized versions of traditional food with lesser quality meats to Americans.

The one thing that caught my eye was this huge pot (cauldron? what's a word for a really big stone pot?) of Bibimbap, which I assume is the main attraction of the Bibimbap event. There's definitely a lot of food there. Maybe as much as three meals for me.


No comments :