Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii (entertainment)

Since I'm not in a good position to support my main source of entertainment (gambling), I've decided to go back to playing video games. Today I stopped by the Nintendo World store in midtown and bought both the Wii Fit and Mario Kart. This should keep me busy for a while.

But the game I'm most looking foward to is Grand Slam Tennis (by EA Sports) to be played in conjunction with the Wii Motion-Plus addon. Both are planned for summer releases. Here's a basic summary: http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/grandslamtennis/news.html?sid=6205994 the line that caught my eye was, "In fact, the controls are so sensitive that you can roll the Wii Remote in your hands and the player will roll the racket in sync." Here's an awesome video with the producer to show what it's going to look and feel like: http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/grandslamtennis/video/6206181

Actually the above is not completely true. The game I'm most looking foward to is G1 Jockey Wii from Koei. Anyone who has read my blog knows that I'm a huge fan of horseracing, even though I think I only write those related posts for my own benefit. The game however, will only be released in UK and Japanese versions, so as much as I want this game, I won't be able to play it. But you HAVE to check out the trailer. it uses the wii fit board and everything. Watch the little guy "experience the thrill of real jockey action!"

No comments :