Saturday, December 20, 2008

SHOwtime is where it's at

As some of you already know, I've taken a break from the trading and the betting recently. I plan to resume trading in '09, but in the meantime I've enjoyed the downtime. One of the things I've been able to do is catch up on missed TV. Knowing that I can access them on-demand, I waited until the whole season to finish before I finally sat down to watch Dexter and Californication. SHOwtime has really replaced HBO as the channel that you really need to pay for and get. There's no more "The Wire" (the complete set is selling on amazon for only about $170), no more "Sex and the City", no more "The Sopranos", and this season's "Entourage" was not good at all. SHOwtime on the other hand, has "Dexter", "Californication", "Weeds", "Inside the NFL" and much more. I really enjoyed this past season of Dexter and Californication, and strongly recommend them to everyone. Both shows also happen to be my favorite type of show, a drama with a healthy dose of comic relief (like House), that has a plot but is mostly about the characters (like House), without going overboard (like the final season of Boston Legal which became just way too silly).

Dexter was also the only show that my old roommate Lena and I watched together, as she was more artsy and has sinced moved to the UK. Can't believe that was only 2 years ago. I feel like I've been in NYC forever but it's only coming up on 3 years.

No comments :