Thursday, January 28, 2010

NBA2H to take a long break (sport, gambling, NBA2H)

I'm planning to take a long break from posting my NBA second half plays. It's not even clear if I will come back to this. I want to thank the supporters and well-wishers. My last posting day will be tomorrow Jan 29.

It's mostly a case of burnout. I am not paid for these picks, but it feels like a full time job coming home every night, watching all the games, and making and posting picks in a timely fashion.

I feel that I have achieved what I set out to do, which was to record the picks and test whether the strategy was a winning one. After 350 bets over barely 8 weeks, a 57% overall winning percentage and +50 or so units, I believe that noone would challenge that I was putting up remarkable numbers. I will put up a summary post of the actual numbers and splits at some point.

I wonder if I was influenced at all by reading that Ferran Adria will be closing El Bulli for a 2 year break for what is essentially the same reason of burnout.

No comments :