Friday, June 18, 2010

Quick TV hits (tv)

Just finished watching the season finale of Justified. Great show, great first season. Never been a fan of old westerns, but I do like the modern western and the futuristic western (Firefly). Acting was superb as the two big characters shined.

It's great that FX has continued to come up with great new shows. As The Shield finished up and Rescue Me is about to finish and Damages may or may not come back, they've replaced them with the terrific Justified, the outrageous Archer, and Louie which I'm really looking foward to. I'm a big fan of stand up and Louis CK is one of the funniest comedians out there. I liked his Lucky Louie show on HBO although that got cancelled. Here's a clip of his interview on The Daily Show which I found really funny, especially Stewart's reaction at the end.

There were a lot of ads during the NBA finals for ABC's Rookie Blue, and I wonder if it will be a cop show, or a Grey's Anatomy with cops instead of doctors.

Burn Notice and Royal Pains are back on, and as the summer season goes into full swing, I expect that most of my TV watching will be on the cable networks like TNT and USA.

No comments :