Friday, October 29, 2010

Officially no longer a daytrader (life, stock/trading)

It's official, although some close to me have known recently that this was coming. I always say that it's a great job when you're making money, but full of horrible feelings when you're not. I hadn't really been happy doing this for a while, and someone came along and planted the seed which turned into the push I needed to reach this point.

I don't know what I'll be doing in the future. As those of you who know me know, I have many varied interests. But I strongly doubt that I will jump back into this specific industry soon. Here's an interesting article written by a former coworker that explains very well why he thinks day trading is dead.

I will now take a short break, go home to Hong Kong for a quick family visit, and come back ready for the job search that awaits me. I want to thank the people who have wished me well and good luck. I do believe that this is the start of something bigger and better, and I've been amused by the number of people whose reaction has been along the lines of, "Thank goodness you've finally seen the light!"

Happy holidays to all, and don't worry, food posts are still coming.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi Pretender,

Good luck with your next big thing. Career transition could be a painful process. Hopefully, it does not take too much toll on you, so you can enjoy the eventual outcome.

Thanks for the interesting link on day trading.

Regards,
Alex