Friday, May 9, 2008

VBOTD

OAK@TEX
OAK -110

Oakland has been near the top of the standings for most of the young season while Texas has only begun to get hot lately. Greg Smith has pitched very well in all of his outings this year while Scott Feldman is a reliever turned starter, and I tend to be wary of those pitchers. With all of that, it seems to me getting a vig-adjusted even money line (-110) is a good value.

Running total: +200
Record: 2-0

Usually I bet over/unders, but this seemed like a good value bet. Here is a great article on why betting totals is better than betting on teams straight up in general: http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=161282

There are two interesting pitching matchups tonight that I usually like to take the under on, but the lines did not seem to reflect any value to me. Cook and Peavy are both pitching very well but I just don't like taking unders at 6.5. The only under I might take at 6.5 nowadays is Webb vs Peavy. The other matchup is Halladay and Sabathia, but 7.5 seems a bit low as both offenses aren't hopeless and Sabathia hasn't proven he's back to last year's form yet.

No comments :