Thursday, July 16, 2009

Poker at the Bellagio: The Nonexistent (VegasSummer 09, gambling)

The poker room at the Bellagio is huge. It looked like there were about 40 tables, and since it was the WSOP, it was packed. I played there once before last year, but this looked to be completely different. I put my name on a list for 1/2NL, but in the end decided not to play any poker while I was at the Bellagio. The floor staff was not very friendly, but I guess that's understandable when two people have to run a 40 table poker room. More importantly, none of the tables looked very friendly either. Everyone there had that serious face on, whether they were real pros or wannabes. Unless it's a real event, I just don't like that kind of playing atmosphere in poker or in bridge. And because I'd already played plenty of poker at South Point, I just couldn't get myself up to sit there and grind. By this point of the trip, I just wanted to have an all-out vacation.

No comments :