Monday, June 29, 2009

Vegas update (gambling, entertainment, food)

Just a quick post so that noone thinks I'm buried up to my neck in the desert somewhere.

Got KOed of the 1500 PLO8 tournament in 1.5 hours. There were at least 3 pros at my table, and I think the pro directly to my left was actually the chip leader after the first day. It wasn't so much that as the fact that I didn't have any cards and didn't hit any flops. The only flops I hit were quads with a guy chasing A3 low all the way and catching it on the river and another hand where I flopped the nut low and flush draw against someone's two pair and second nut low and my low got counterfeited on the river for his wheel.

Food-wise, the notable meals were a meal at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon and a teppanyaki meal with Kobe beef. Other than that, I've mostly eaten in the hotel, including an averagish prime rib at the steakhouse and some 75cent (beef) hot dogs and $5 steak and eggs at 5 in the morning.

I will jot down all the stuff I want to post about so I can do it later. But as I'm going to bed at like 6am every day, I will probably not be writing any more posts until I get back.

1 comment :

Dan said...

Your faithful readers demand updates! How are the cash games going?