Sunday, July 22, 2007

RDT (Random daily thought)

Scott Baio is 45.
Brett Michaels is 44.

First of all, I'm still a little shocked that I've been watching both their shows on VH1. But most of all, it's shocking to realize two icons from my childhood are now into middle-age. Reminding me yet again that I'm no spring chicken. This is not the first time, however, that I've felt my age and felt the shift into adulthood. I think a person realizes he is no longer a kid when the major sports/pop icon of the era is much younger than he is. So for me, the moment of realization came about 4 years ago when Lebron James entered the scene. For those who are still young at heart, when did this moment of realization come for you? My guess is for people a few years older than me, it was Britney Spears.

No comments :