Monday, July 16, 2007

RDT

Is it so hard to find responsible, considerate people these days?

The story begins about a week ago...

Late at night I was hearing noises from the room next to mine, mostly moving, rearranging type noises. This went on for about 4 days of the past week and I thought maybe my roommate's boyfriend is only free in the middle of the night to help her rearrange her room. She had only moved in 2 months ago and the noise didn't really bother me so I didn't bother to ask any questions.

So today I was home early, trying to clean up the place a little, and she came home. So I asked her if any of the stuff in the living room is hers so I know what things to throw out. She said no, went back to her room, and then left again not long after. About 20 minutes later, I go downstairs to throw out the trash, and in the mailbox is an envelope with my name on it. There were 3 keys and a note:
"Hi Henry, Sorry could not tell you face to face. I am moving out due to personal reason. I left my key with this letter. Thank you."

WTF? WTF???

So here I am now searching for a roommate with 5 days left in the rent cycle. She had the audacity to write "sorry could not tell you face to face" when she had been secretly doing the move in the middle of the night and still had the chance to tell me 5 minutes before she actually left??? I don't mind advancing the rent, since that's what the incoming deposit is for, but to leave so secretively and abruptly while leaving me so little time to find a new roommate? How inconsiderate and irresponsible!! I remember when I went and opened the door to her room and saw it completely empty and spotless. It was like one of those scenes in a movie where the people go to the sham company and find the office that they had visited just the day before to have completely ceased to exist.

Let's just hope the next roommate is a better person...

No comments :