Wednesday, July 4, 2007

RDT

One of the things I like about July 4th is the Twilight Zone marathon. The old black and white episodes. It's really quite amazing how consistently good the writing and acting was and the shows were created almost 50 years ago. Besides the usual favorites (To serve man, time enough at last, etc.), I also really like "A Stop at Willoughby".

I would have been really excited about the hot dog eating contest except for Kobayashi's injury. Kobayashi and Chestnut are probably the most fun match race to watch because the pace of one of them really affects the other. Woah, there's a new skinny asian woman in this year's event.

Speaking of competitive eating, I wonder if 30 years down the road they will have a pension/disabilities coverage debate like the NFL does now. I mean, seriously, we have no idea what the lasting effects of competitive eating could be.

No comments :