Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A lot has happened...

... in the last 2 days.

I quit my job yesterday afternoon. I just felt it was time to try to change my career path. I will really miss all those guys that I worked with, but the rational side of me said that it would be easier to move on if I cut it off now than to drag it along.

I was sick for 12 hours last night. I think it was some variant of food poisoning, and I was in and out of the bathroom 3-4 times an hour. After 11 hours I decided I needed to go to the emergency room at the local hospital (luckily it's only 8 blocks away). Hopefully they didn't cut my medical coverage right that day.

I came out of the hospital ok, they gave me some fluids and said there was no infection or anything serious. That was a relief, and when I was just about to go home and get some sleep, the landlord came by to tell me that the owner is taking back the house (for renovation or sale I don't know) and that I have until the end of the month to move out. Given that my flight for Hong Kong leaves on the 16th, that leaves me with 2 weeks to completely move.

I will probably elaborate on these things in later posts, but for now I just wanted to catch people up and gain some pity for all the shit (literally) that I've been through the last 2 days. Wellwishers welcome!

1 comment :

Josekin said...

I have pity on you. =)